[sane-devel] microtek2 - libusb ?

Steven Palm n9yty@n9yty.com
Sat, 14 May 2005 10:06:51 -0500

On May 14, 2005, at 7:18 AM, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 08:37:08PM -0500, Steven Palm wrote:
>> Is anyone working on the microtek2 driver, specifically to allow it
>> to support libusb?
>
> Have you already asked the authors of that backend? I'm not sure if
> they read this list:
>
> Bernd Schroeder bernd AT aquila.muc.de
> Karsten Festag karsten.festag AT gmx.de

  Karsten's web site (listed on the sane page as the developer) had
this:

"After over 4 years I stopped working on the microtek2 backend. The
latest version is included in sane-backends 1.0.15 which will be
released in November 2004. Thanks to all who contributed to this work!"

  So, I thought it was an orphaned backend. I will ask Bernd, thank
you for the pointer.

> You shouldn't use libusb directly but the sanei_usb functions.
> AFAIK the avision backend has been changed to use direct USB access
> instead of using the kernel driver hpusbscsi so you may want to
> have a look at its code.

  Odd you should mention that, I was using that one to get ideas
from. I guess I picked a good starting point. :-)

  Thanks!

  Steve