[sane-devel] A proper scanner for working throught SANE

Tue, 17 May 2005 17:58:26 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 05:03:32PM +0530, Mohit Kumar wrote:
> Sorry for this trivial question, but I am just starting to work with
> SANE. I was looking to write an application to scan certain documents
> as the starting point. For this I need to buy a scanner.
> I went through the list on your site but it seems outdated as most of
> the models are not currently available in the market.

The lists are current. They are updated whenever a developer updates
his backend (and the respective description file).

> Hence I am
> requesting you to tell me which of the following scanners are
> "completely" supported by SANE. Complete support is important for
> testing aspects.

Look at the lists (or the scanner search engine). All your scanners
are unsupported or at least untested.

> 1. H.P. Scanner 2400
> 2. H.P. Scanner 3770
> 3. H.P. Scanner 4070
> 4. H.P. Scanner 4670
> 5. H.P. Scanner 8200
>
> These are the scanners available at my local vendor and I wanted to
> buy it as soon as possible.

Go to a store that offers a bigger variety of scanners. Or use
Mail-order. Write down the scanners they offer (and that you like) and
enter them into the scanner search engine.