[sane-devel] Nikon Coolscan III not recognised.

john jdp-nola@cox.net
Tue, 17 May 2005 16:52:17 -0500

> > I hope that it is ok to post this here, if not let me know. I installed
> > ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/10.2/SRPMS/main/sane-1.0.15-7mdk.src.rpm
> > and the dependancies and everything seemed to install properly. When I
> > run the program from either the GUI interface or the command line or
> > sane-find-scanner it fails to find anything. My system is seeing the SCSI
> > interface which the scanner is attached to. Is there something I'm
> > missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Make sure that the user running scanimage/xsane/xscanimage has
> read/write permissions to the scanner's device file
> (/dev/sg*). There's no need to change any configuration files, the
> default must work just fine.
>
> If this fails, please post the output of "SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN2=255
> scanimage -L".
>
>   Andras

Here is what I get:

[john@ip68-11-45-233 john]$ SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN2=255 scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of coolscan2 to 255.
[coolscan2] sane_init() called.
[coolscan2] coolscan2 backend, version 0.1.8 initializing.
[coolscan2] sane_get_devices() called.
[coolscan2] sane_get_devices(): Reading config file.
[coolscan2] cs2_open() called, with device = auto and interface = 0
[coolscan2] sane_get_devices(): No devices detected.

[coolscan2] sane_exit() called.
[john@ip68-11-45-233 john]$

--
open source takes the bullshit out of software
kernel 2.6.4 Mandriva 10.1