[sane-devel] The Genesys backend and the HP 2300C

stef svoltz@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 22 May 2005 10:30:01 +0200

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 02:13:09PM -0500, Jason Anderson wrote:
> In the previous messages, someone said that the HP 2300C is now well supported.  However, I've taken the Genesys backend, the latest CVS version for Sane, and compiled them together, and found that I couldn't even make my HP 2300C scanner move.  I'm not a very picky person, but am I missing something here?
>
> Best regards.

	Hello,

	how did you build the experimental backend ? Did you edit the Makefile
of CVS sane backends to add it ? Do you have a libsane-genesys.so.1.0.14 file
in sane-backends/backend/.libs directory ?

	If you think everything is compiled and installed as it should do in
an terminal (frst as root to avoid permission problems).

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
scanimage -L

	When the backend is installed, but have no scanner attached you get:

[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of genesys to 255.
[genesys] SANE Genesys backend version 1.0 build 3 from sane-backends 1.0.14-cvs
[genesys] sane_init: authorize != null
[genesys] sane_init: little endian machine
[genesys] sane_init: reading config file `genesys.conf'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 1: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 2: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 3: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 4: trying to attach `usb 0x0638 0x0a10'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 5: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 6: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 7: trying to attach `usb 0x04a9 0x2213'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 8: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 9: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 10: trying to attach `usb 0x03f0 0x0901'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 11: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 12: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 13: trying to attach `usb 0x03f0 0x0a01'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 14: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 15: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 16: trying to attach `usb 0x03f0 0x1405'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 17: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 18: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 19: trying to attach `usb 0x07b3 0x0601'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 20: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 21: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 22: trying to attach `usb 0x0461 0x0377'
[genesys] sane_init: exit
[genesys] sane_get_devices: start: local_only = false
[genesys] sane_get_devices: exit

[genesys] sane_exit: start
[genesys] sane_exit: exit

Regards,