[sane-devel] Problem reading HP ScanJet 6200C/6250C

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Fri, 27 May 2005 21:23:23 +0200

Mohit,

you can see what the hp-backend is doing when looking for scanners, if
you set the environment variable SANE_DEBUG_HP to 255 in a command shell:

export SANE_DEBUG_HP=255

then start xsane (or another application that uses SANE) from that
command shell. You will see some debug printouts and maybe also some
error messages which may tell you what's going wrong. You also can look
at /var/log/messages if the USB-layer is creating some error messages.

I hope it helps

--Peter