[sane-devel] Re: FW: canon630u's gl640 forked for CanoScan3000 and others?

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 31 May 2005 09:08:01 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to have this mail on sane-devel, so let's continue there...

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 00:18, amth@suomi24.fi wrote:
> Trying to get in contact with sane-canon630u maintainer haven't been successful
> I noticed that also sane-u12 backend also has GL640 routines so my original
> suggestion might work with u12-sources, so I forward my original post to
> this email address listed on the u12-sources.
>
> Sorry if being a bit pushy, but wanting to get involved, but not by reinventing
> the wheel (once again)... ;-);-)
>
> Anyways, please take at least a quick look into moving GL-specific stuff
> to either genesys-backend, or just give me a "go ahead" approval so I can
> start shifting stuff around to a yet again new backend for the CanoScan3000
> and others listed on the included email-copy.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> amth

to be honest, I'm not sure what to answer. On one hand, I see, that the original
genesys sources are for the UMAX 4500 and therefore they should somehow work
with the CanoScan 3000 (work means, the communication should work), one the other
hand, it seems, that there are some diffs. I didn't follow the latest discussions
about that on sane-devel, but I'd like to hear from the genesys-experts out there.
It would be also a good idea to check the USB logs...

Ciao,
Gerhard