[sane-devel] Nikon LS50

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Tue Nov 1 14:24:34 UTC 2005

Il giorno gio, 27/10/2005 alle 17.58 +0200, Ariel Garcia ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> here is the patch for adding support for the Nikon LS50/LS5000.
> It applies on top of the backends/coolscan2.c  file of  sane-1.0.16

Hi Ariel,
thank you very much for workign at this scanner. I am testing your patch
and I found some small problems when compiling:

1. I cannot test it against current CVS since alioth have a disk full
problem, so I cannot update my three-days-old CVS copy;

2. it seems that you use C++ style comments while the source is C. my
gcc complain about it at line 1523 and 2680;

3. you declare a variable 'i' at line 1524 and again my C compiler
complain that you use a declaration after other statements in the same
block;

Then, I tried scanning some b&w negative films I have, but i couldn't
managed to do it: when using --negative=yes I got the error «scanimage:
attempted to set inactive option negative». When I tried without the
parameter than the image wasn't good. I will look for some color slide
to make some further test. BTW, how do I activate the b&w scan?

Moreover, I couldn't manage to select a frame. Sould I load the media
before trying to select the frame? For example, I got this error:

$ sudo env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib \
PATH=/usr/local/bin/:$PATH /usr/local/bin/scanimage \
-d coolscan2:usb:libusb:2:2  --frame=0 --negative=yes \
--resolution=800 > /tmp/load.pnm
scanimage: rounded value of frame from 0 to 1
scanimage: attempted to set inactive option negative
$

Bye,
Giuseppe