[sane-devel] Experiences with AGFA Snapscan 1212U?

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Thu Nov 3 17:12:38 UTC 2005

Ron Hunter-Duvar schrieb:
> I have a chance to pick up a used AGFA Snapscan 1212U from a friend (he moved
> to XP and it's not supported, and gives dire warnings against trying).
> I see that the support on both the current stable version and the dev version
> is marked as "good". Is there any important features known to be missing that
> stop it from being marked "complete"? Or is it just because "complete" is
> hard to achieve/prove (I saw the recent thread on the definitions of "good"
> and "complete")?
> Any particular positive or negatives experiences?

I've been using mine for many years now without problems under
linux/sane and XP - it's well supported there if you have the proper
driver, which is still available although AGFA has discontinued support
for their scanners:

You'll really need the firmware file, even under linux, which has to be
loaded into the scanner's volatile memory every time it is switched on.
So, if you don't have that, I can send it to you off list.