[sane-devel] Iscan + Debian

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Mon Nov 7 09:43:13 UTC 2005

What is the normal procedure to set-up the latest Iscan with Debian? I
did so far:

- download the tar.gz
- unzip, detar, configure and compile
- make install
- copy epkowa.desc into the dll directory
- modify dll.conf to include epkowa

I noticed files intended for hotplug in the source tree. Where should I
put them (under /etc/hotplug/usb or under /etc/hotplug.d/usb?). I have
both directories present (I don't know why), and apparently sane is only
under /etc/hotplug.d but all the other scripts under /etc/hotplug.

Olaf, I saw in one of your former posts you are using Debian. Where did
you put your config and hotplug files?

Also, when playing around with Iscan, I succeeded to make it work but
only as root and -- strangely enough -- only when being
under /etc/sane.d when launching the program. It did not work elsewhere
and as a simple user.

Levente

PS: Is 16bit support planned for Epson PF 3490 with the epkowa backend?