[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 2400c

Kristoffer kfs1 at online.no
Mon Nov 7 16:49:06 UTC 2005

I want to get it working! And I see that the genesys author in
genesys.conf have it commented out and to be uncommented "only for
development purposes".

Can the author comment on the state of 2400? I would be delighted to help,
Maybe i could also make the support in genesys backend complete for this
driver, if he/you can't, but since i've never made a c program before(or
anything other than very basic bash/dos batch scripts and MMF) i could use
some help.

what i'm thinking is 1. grab the source 2. change the code to what it
looks like windows driver is doing(by snooping) 3. then i'd need help on
howto compile it and test it fast to see if it is functioning correctly.
4.maybe you could implement it in your driver or tell me howto ;) hey it's
fun!

If the author needs information other than the already supplied(windows
scanner output/input) supply instructions on how to retrieve this.

Thanks,
Kristoffer Sanhez