[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 2400c

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Mon Nov 7 21:05:25 UTC 2005

Le Lundi 7 Novembre 2005 18:49, Kristoffer a écrit :
> On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:49:06 +0100, Kristoffer <kfs1 at online.no> wrote:
> > I want to get it working! And I see that the genesys author in
> > genesys.conf have it commented out and to be uncommented "only for
> > development purposes".
> >
> > Can the author comment on the state of 2400? I would be delighted to
> > help, Maybe i could also make the support in genesys backend complete
> > for this driver, if he/you can't, but since i've never made a c program
> > before(or anything other than very basic bash/dos batch scripts and MMF)
> > i could use some help.
> >
> > what i'm thinking is 1. grab the source 2. change the code to what it
> > looks like windows driver is doing(by snooping) 3. then i'd need help on
> > howto compile it and test it fast to see if it is functioning correctly.
> > 4.maybe you could implement it in your driver or tell me howto ;) hey
> > it's fun!

	If you wish, I can provide you with my awk scripts that turn usb logs into
low/mid level genesys functions. Which ease the developpement.
	I'd recommend to play with sane 1.016 sources, since the experimental version
is now not working any more for hp2300/md6471 due to some exposure_time
improvement. When this will be resolved, you may bring back you change into
it.
	The code path to modifiy is the one taken by th hp2300 (look fo HP2300) in
code. You'll have to figure how the  right register related constants to put
into genesys_devices.c .

Regards,
	Stef