[sane-devel] epson 3490 - transparency unit problem

patrick deflandre plum.pudding at free.fr
Sat Nov 12 17:33:51 UTC 2005

I've just bought an epson 3490, and download the
sane-backends-2005-11-10.tar.gz and sane-frontends-2005-11-10.tar.gz.

While the flatbed seems to work as expected, the transparency unit doesn't.

I want to scan a negative film, but the resulting file is crossed by a
thick green line.
I've tried to scan at different scan resolution and bit depth, but the
resulting scan is always bad. The higher the resolution is the thicker
the green line is.

The scanner is not in trouble, as I did a check on a Win2000 machine.
I use the same eswf52.bin file on the 2 OS. An hexedit shows the
following version number :

EPSON   GT-F520         1.08
Thu Apr 14 2005

The linux one is a Debian sarge 3.1