[sane-devel] how fast can I scan one line

bbckyotoku at df.ufpe.br bbckyotoku at df.ufpe.br
Mon Nov 14 13:14:24 UTC 2005

Hi people

I was thinking in the possibility to use a scanner (genius vivid III paralell
port), as a detector for a experiment, and I was thinking about how fast can I
scan a single line (this kind of thing is really useful while alining the
sistem), a refresh rate of about two lines per second would be enough. I know
scanner generally has warming up and calibrations sequences before scanning but
I was thinking if sane has defined someway to skip those phases.

And I wanted to know if there is some way to control the step motor
independently, for what I have read I can do a little by selecting the window I
want to scan, but more direct control would be better, does sane define
something like this too? I know I can accomplish this by programming directly
the scanner but I wouldn't like to give up the advantage of standarization.

Well, thank you for your atention

Bernardo Kyotoku