[sane-devel] 2 new paperweights: HP ScanJet 3800 and 4890

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Tue Nov 15 01:41:30 UTC 2005

Oi,

here at Mandriva we got two new scanners from HP for testing/hardware
certification: ScanJet 3800 and ScanJet 4890. Both do not work with
current SANE. I have run the following commands on them:

lsusb
lsusb -vvv
sane-find-scanner -v -v

On the SANE has found a GL841 chipset and so I tried to run it with the
"genesys" backend. I added "usb 0x03f0 0x1b05" to genesys.con and ran

SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 scanimage -L

but also without success.

The output of all commands you find here:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/hpscanjet3800.txt
http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/hpscanjet4890.txt

I wanted to add the 4890 (the 3800 is already there) to the list of
unsupported scanners via

http://www.sane-project.org/contrib.html

but the data was not accepted. I got an error message that in one of the
fields invalid data was entered. Therefore I post the info here on the list.

    Till