[sane-devel] Re: Re: Re: epson 3490 - transparency unit problem

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Tue Nov 15 07:48:05 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 19:08 +0100, patrick deflandre wrote:

> I have try the 2 methods, but I always have a green line across my scan.
> This line is few pixel wide.
> I can send you an example if you like.

Two vague ideas (if the green line is vertical):

- defective sensors (maybe a quality calibration would help a bit)
- dirt on the calibration stripe or windows. Even a small dark spot on
  the area where shading correction is done could have a big impact, as
  it gets applied over and over for the whole scan height.

Especially because you mentioned that the higher the resolution the
wider the line. I would suspect a physical cause then.

Levente