[sane-devel] 2 new paperweights: HP ScanJet 3800 and 4890

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Nov 15 18:44:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 02:41:30AM +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> On the SANE has found a GL841 chipset and so I tried to run it with the
> "genesys" backend. I added "usb 0x03f0 0x1b05" to genesys.con and ran
>
> SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 scanimage -L
>
> but also without success.

I think the code must be also changed (genesys_devices.c, at the end of
that file).

> The output of all commands you find here:
>
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/hpscanjet3800.txt
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/hpscanjet4890.txt

Thanks! I added the 4890 to our lists. It has the same ids as the 4850
(which is also not supported).

> I wanted to add the 4890 (the 3800 is already there) to the list of
> unsupported scanners via
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/contrib.html
>
> but the data was not accepted. I got an error message that in one of the
> fields invalid data was entered. Therefore I post the info here on the list.

Works for me (tm). I also got some reports from other users through
this interface recently. Maybe it was just too much data?