[sane-devel] Pb with Xsane

francois baert francois.baert at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 16 08:08:52 UTC 2005

Hello,
O.S. Fedoracore 4 kernel 2.6.11
Up to now I have not managed to run xsane.
here are the results of
sane-find-scanner:
  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
  # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
  # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0101 [Scanner GT-7000]) at
libusb:002:003
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

scanimage -L
device `epson:libusb:002:003' is a Epson GT-7000 flatbed scanner
Those information are O.K.  however I observe that in the file
/proc/bus/usb/devices the driver=none ???
When i submit xsane the program runs normally at the beginning but
it hangs when I want to scan a document and after a while I got this message:
Failure to start the scanner Error I/O on the peripherical.
I have modified the epson.conf according to the Howto and Faq but I confess
that I have not found the good answer to solve my problem.

I would appreciate if somebody could give me a piece of advice.
My Thanks

François Baert