[sane-devel] 2 new paperweights: HP ScanJet 3800 and 4890

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Nov 16 18:12:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:56:12PM +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> >I think the code must be also changed (genesys_devices.c, at the end of
> >that file).
> >

> If this is possible, it would be great. Patches welcome.

Just look at that file. Adding the vendor/product ids is simple. This
should get the scanner detected by scanimage at least. I doubt that it
works without further modification, however.

> >Works for me (tm). I also got some reports from other users through
> >this interface recently. Maybe it was just too much data?
> >

> Should be checked, there should be nothing preventing people from
> supplying as much info as possible, many people would give up instead of
> putting the info onto their own web space and then posting on the list.

Works fo me :-) I just sent 200 kb of data for each the comment and
data fields with no problems. I also tried to send the logs without
problems.

I have also never heard about any trouble like this. Could you try to
reproduce what you really sent?