[sane-devel] Re: Re: Re: epson 3490 - transparency unit problem

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Thu Nov 17 08:17:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 23:49 +0100, Oliver Schwartz wrote:

> I can somehow understand that it happens at 2400 dpi. In fact I think
> that 2400 dpi won't ever work and should be disabled, or replaced by
> 1800 dpi, which should be ok.

Please wait until I test it out. And I suppose you meant 1600 dpi (which
is a multiple of 800) instead of 1800 dpi (and Patrick wanted to say
3200 dpi instead of 3600). AFAIK our scanner's maximum resolution is
3200 dpi. If I'm right, the PF 3490 has a 800 dpi of linear CCD
resolution, higher ones are 'faked' by offsetted sensor elements. In
this case multiples of 800 should work.

> I'm a bit surprised about the effect at 3600 dpi. Can you send me an
> image which shows the effect?

I did not have any problems at 3200 dpi. And before the CVS change, the
only problem was the now solved interlacing phenomenon.

Levente