[sane-devel] Brother MFC-610 CLN scanner with network cable

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Nov 20 14:25:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 09:31:40PM +0900, Martin Olof Andersson wrote:
> I have then tried to install the scanner but I dont get it working. Maybe
> because I dont find any instructions or maybe because it is not possible? It
> seems to be prepared for usb scanners. But then I think, that if it works
> with usb, it should also work with a network cable. Or can I just forget
> about making the scanner working.
>
> I am using Suse 10.0 and a Brother MFC-610 CLN. Any recommendations would be
> warmly appreciated.

Ask Brother. Most other Brother scanners are supported by their
backends:

http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=brother&model=&bus=any
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/sane_drivers.html

As far as I can see, your scanner is not supported by their backends
currently. Can you give some more information so I can add it to our
list of unsupported devices? It's connected to ethernet?