[sane-devel] Installing an Epson RX-620 on Debian

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Nov 21 18:59:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 02:43:06PM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> I'm trying to set up an Epson Scanner with SANE, and having minimal
> success thus far. Having looked at numerous documents by now, this list
> seemed like my best hope...

Check syslog (/var/log/messages) for error messages complaining that
scanimage tried to set configuration while usblp claimed an interface
(or similar). If lsmod shows "usblp" rmmod that module. See the
following bug report for details:

https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=302207&group_id=30186&atid=410366

If that's not the problem, disable everything in dll.conf but "epkowa"
and set the following debugging variable in addition to the EPKOWA one:

export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255

Send the debug log (compressed, if it's too big).

Bye,
  henning