[sane-devel] (no subject)

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Mon Nov 21 19:54:45 UTC 2005

Le Dimanche 20 Novembre 2005 23:14, martin.jacobs at an-netz.de a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a MD5345 USB sanner, sane-backend 1.0.16 installed and
> some problems.
>
> Currently I can only scan in monochrome (gray) mode with default
> resolution. Any other configuration fails.
>
> In this (failing) case, the scanner head starts it's initialisation,
> short move forward and back and then it remains in the start position.
> After some time I get an timeout error.
>
> scanimage -L works
> scanimage -T works
>
> After having done a couple of b&w scans, mostly I have to skip
> the first 10mm or so (shift the image about 10mm in y direction).
>
> My Linux box is dual PIII, 768 MB, based on SuSE 8.1. sane-backends-1.0.16
> is compiled from scratch without problems.
>
> Any idea, how to fix those problems? Most important are color scans.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin Jacobs

	Hello,

	could you please do :

	export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
	export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255

	Then do scanimage --resolution=100 --mode=color 2>scan.log >out.pnm

	Then send me the 'scan.log' file, maybe directly since there is a 45K
threshold on the posts within this list.

	I hope the differences between your MD5345 and my MD6471 aren't big, since
htey share the same USB ID and it could be difficult to autodetect which is
plugged ...

Regards,
	Stef