[sane-devel] Re: Re: Re: epson 3490 - transparency unit problem

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Wed Nov 23 08:09:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 00:11 +0100, Oliver Schwartz wrote:

> ah, ok. That makes more sense. I guess I'll disable 2400 dpi to make
> sure the error doesn't occur.

1600 dpi seems to work OK. Oliver, did you receive my previous post in
which I've tested almost all possible combinations of resolution/scan
mode/bit depth? The aspect ratio (=real resolution) is wrong in all but
a few lineart modes. And halftoning was (at the time I've tested it)
completely broken. Should they be removed for now or can be they
corrected until the release (bug corrections are still allowed in CVS)?

Levente

PS: will be 2400 dpi enabled in the future? And why does the windows
driver allow 2400 dpi but not 1600?