[sane-devel] Pb with xsane-0.95

francois.baert francois.baert at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 24 16:42:05 UTC 2005

Hello

Up to now I have not managed to run xsane:
Here are the reults of:
sane-find-scanner
  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
  # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
  # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0101 [Scanner GT-7000]) at
libusb:002:003
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

scanimage -L
device `epson:libusb:002:003' is a Epson GT-7000 flatbed scanner

in the file /proc/bus/usb/devices I observe that Driver=none
How Do I have to proceed to load the right driver with the system file usbfs.
In other words the command which replace /sbin/modprobe scanner vendor=...
product=...

Many thanks

Francois