[sane-devel] [sane-backends-1.0.16] Epson Perfection 1260 & OpenBSD 3.8-RELEASE

Manolis Tzanidakis manolis at tzanidakis.gr
Thu Nov 24 18:28:18 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I'm trying to setup my Epson Perfection 1260 with sane-backends-1.0.16
under OpenBSD-3.8-RELEASE (i386).
The scanner works on the same box on linux using a live cd.
I installed sane-backends using this port
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2005-10/att-0104/sane-backends.tar.gz
& everything else from 3.8 ports.
I've disabled uscanner on kernel in order libusb to work:

$ sudo dmesg | grep ugen
ugen0 at uhub0 port 2
ugen0: EPSON EPSON Scanner, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2

So here I go:

$ sudo sane-find-scanner -q

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x011d [EPSON Scanner])
at libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0

$ cat /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
plustek

$ grep -v "^#" /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf
[usb] 0x04b8 0x011d
device auto
option lampOff 300
option warmup -1
option lOffOnEnd 1
option posOffX 0
option posOffY 0
option tpaOffX 0
option tpaOffY 0
option negOffX 0
option negOffY 0
option posShadingY -1
option tpaShadingY -1
option negShadingY -1
option invertNegatives 0
option disableSpeedup 0
option cacheCalData 0
option altCalibration 0
option skipCalibration 0
option skipFine 0
option skipFineWhite 0
option red_gain   -1
option green_gain -1
option blue_gain  -1
option red_offset   -1
option green_offset -1
option blue_offset  -1
option red_lampoff   -1
option green_lampoff -1
option blue_lampoff  -1
option redGamma         1.0
option greenGamma       1.0
option blueGamma        1.0
option grayGamma        1.0
option enableTPA 0
option mov 0

$ sudo scanimage -L

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Manolis Tzanidakis
manolis at tzanidakis.gr
mtzanidakis at gmail.com
http://www.tzanidakis.gr/~manolis
jabber: mtzanidakis at jabber.org
icq: #102798230
Grab My GPG Public key from my homepage.