[sane-devel] Re: Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO

robertc (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Thu Nov 24 21:22:23 UTC 2005

Bjorn Solberg wrote:

> Bjorn Solberg writes:
>
>> Oliver Schwartz writes:
>>> Hi,
>
>>> Very good. Can you do some tests, e.g. do all resolutions work? Does
>>> the transparency unit work?
>
>> There seems to be something odd about the geometry calculations for the
>> driver.  I.e. when I try to scan a full page, whether I specify the full
>> -x and -y or simply say scanimage, it only gets the first 16.5cm for the
>> width and 22cm for the length rather than the full 21.5cm x 27.5cm (US
>> letter size).  In Windows it correctly scans the whole page though.
>
> [That being with the Windows software that came with the scanner, of
> course.]
>
> Do you think this is a problem that is related to the firmware, to how
> SANE talks to the firmware or just with SANE itself?  Just so I have a
> better idea to start looking into this myself - I'd like to have the
> issue resolved one way or the other before the time is up for returning
> the scanner...
>
> Thank you,
>
> Bjorn.

I have the same problem with size. Are there any fixes for this? I tried the transparency unit and xsane just seems to lock up.

Epson Perfection 3490
Ubuntu 5.10
xsane 0.97

I had to add the perfection 3490 to the end of the snapscan.conf file in /etc/sane.d, I alos created a directory called firmware in sane.d and placed esfw52.bin there.
--
Sent from the SANE - Dev forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Epson-Perfection-3490-PHOTO-t214017.html#a1640691