[sane-devel] Pb with xsane-0.95

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Nov 25 17:32:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 05:42:05PM +0100, francois.baert wrote:
> Up to now I have not managed to run xsane:

What happens if you do so?

> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0101 [Scanner GT-7000]) at libusb:002:003

Ok.

> scanimage -L
> device `epson:libusb:002:003' is a Epson GT-7000 flatbed scanner

Ok. So your scanner is detected. What happens if you try to scan?

> in the file /proc/bus/usb/devices I observe that Driver=none
> How Do I have to proceed to load the right driver with the system file usbfs.

That's ok and normal. All devices with "none" can be accessed by usbfs.

> In other words the command which replace /sbin/modprobe scanner vendor=...
> product=...

No replacement. Simply works. Otherwise you scanner would not have
been detected at all.

If you get any errors during scan, provide a log file
export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255

scanimage >image.pnm 2>logfile.txt