[Fwd: [sane-devel] Two problems scanning hp scanjet 7400c]

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sun Nov 27 21:58:01 UTC 2005

Hi Eric,

sorry for the slow response. I think your issue no. 1 might^Wshould be
fixed in my code from:

http://svn.exactcode.de/sane-avision/trunk/backend/

If your problem no. 2 still exists in that code please drop me a note
and I'll remove the dust from the HP 7400 in the corner and see what
I can do.

I plan to merge the most tested bits into SANE CVS before the code freeze.

> 1. If using sane-avision backend with xsane scanning more than one
> document, the second scan is always incorrect. It seems to scan half
> speed and it stops approx. half way through the scan. I have to exit
> xsane and reenter to get the second (and subsequent scans) correct. I
> don't know whether the bug is in xsane or sane-avision but it's
> apparently not correctly reset when the first scan is finished.
>
> 2. scanimage --mode Line | lpr produces an all black image.
>
> I use FC3 almost fully upgraded, sane-backends 1.0.15 and xsane 0.95

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org