[sane-devel] Error with Umax Astra 2200 under XSane 0.98

Alan Corey alancorey at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 17:42:51 UTC 2005

I don't get this with 0.97, and I've removed my .sane directory so the
configuration can be reset (although not before building).  Uninstalling 0.98
and reinstalling 0.97 works.  No problem with 0.98 on an HP scanner I've got,
also using libusb.

When the interface comes up after finding the scanner I get the error  "Failed
to start scanner: Invalid argument."  I don't have any idea what argument since
it doesn't tell me.  It's bad error reporting, unless the problem argument is
an empty string, but there isn't even a "" showing in the dialog that pops up.

Operating system is OpenBSD 3.8, which now comes with libusb-0.1.10a by the
way.  0.97 works great, and I spent many hours using it over the past few days.

  Alan