[sane-devel] Epson 3590

Bauke Jan Douma bjdouma at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 3 16:43:43 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 03:15:41AM +0200, Ulrich Deiters wrote:

> I set the no-preview bit (source |= 0x40;) in snapscan-scsi.c
> after line 922, and the problem vanished, i.e., the scanner
> does a quick, undistorted scan of the whole scan area without
> hanging itself.

That's odd, I have a 3490, and --although I don't often use it--
I was under the impression that the few times I did use it, preview
worked fine.  I never experienced any 'hangs', and got a quick
scan that looked and smelled like a preview.

There are several lines of bit toggling after 'line 922', could
you post a small diff here, so I can see what you did and
experiment?

Thanks.

bjd