[sane-devel] Network scanning through Vmware from Windows guest to Linux host

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Wed Oct 5 20:38:00 UTC 2005

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>>From Windows, run telnet on port 6566 of the Linux system. If it
> ansers, press return twice. This just was saned. If you got
> "connection refused" check security settings, firewall etc. Also check
> syslof for messages from saned.

At least this gave me a clue into the right direction: saned was
malconfigured on the Linux host - the XP guest wasn't listed correctly
in /etc/sane.d/saned.conf. After having done so, xsane recognizes my
scanner as "net:192.168.2.5:snapscan:libusb:002.002" and I am able to
make scans from WinXP.
Now I'm struggling to get SaneTwain to work in order to use the scan
interface of applications like CorelDraw or OpenOffice.
Thanks, Klaus