[sane-devel] [SOLVED] Network scanning through Vmware

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Thu Oct 6 16:40:18 UTC 2005

Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

> At least this gave me a clue into the right direction: saned was
> malconfigured on the Linux host - the XP guest wasn't listed correctly
> in /etc/sane.d/saned.conf. After having done so, xsane recognizes my
> scanner as "net:192.168.2.5:snapscan:libusb:002.002" and I am able to
> make scans from WinXP.
> Now I'm struggling to get SaneTwain to work in order to use the scan
> interface of applications like CorelDraw or OpenOffice.

To finish up my success story: Now also SaneTwain is working, a
sane-to-twain-bridge from
http://www.ozuzo.net/sanetwain
so that every application (openoffice, coreldraw, ...) that uses the
windows twain interface is redirected to sane on the linux host.
My only problem left: Setting up permissions on the device file
/proc/bus/usb/00x/00y for my scanner; up to now, it's set up by hotplug
only for my user, but not for saned, so that I have to fix that manually
... but there should be a solution to that.
Klaus