[sane-devel] can't get epson scanner to work on mac

Ivan Middleton ivan_middleton at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 01:08:29 UTC 2005

I have an Epson GT-9300 scanner that I've used with SANE on linux, and
am now trying to get to work with SANE on mac.  Below is the tail of
the debug output on my mac.  What confuses me is that the debug output
is nearly identical on linux up to this point, and the send/receive
buffer dumps are exactly identical, up until 0x00 is received on mac
(as below) and 0x06 is received instead on linux.  Is there some other
information being transmitted over usb besides what the buffer dumps
reveal?

Ivan

[dll] sane_start(handle=0x302830)
[epson] sane_start()
[epson] open_scanner()
[epson] send buf, size = 2
[epson] buf[0] 1b .
[epson] buf[1] 65 e
[epson] receive buf, expected = 1, got = 1
[epson] buf[0] 00 .
[epson] You may have to power off your TPU
[epson] Also you may have to restart the Sane frontend.
[epson] close_scanner(fd = -1)
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
[dll] sane_cancel(handle=0x302830)
[dll] sane_close(handle=0x302830)
[dll] sane_exit: exiting
[dll] sane_exit: calling backend `epson's exit function
[dll] sane_exit: finished