[sane-devel] libusb : Error during device I/O

"Günter Haus" Guenter.Haus at gmx.at
Sat Oct 8 13:31:20 UTC 2005

Hi Oliver,
and THX for the reply
>> I'm trying to get a Benq 4300U to work under Ubuntu 'Breezy Badger'
>You need the u176v046.bin firmware, as indicated by the USB ID
>(04a5:20b0)
I've allready used it by symlink, now I've copied it & checked it twice:
unfortunately without luck. The error
[snapscan] sense_handler: Hardware error. (0x01, 0x00)
remains!!

>According to my docs, that's the error code for "EPROM Error" -
>whatever that means.

>First, make sure that you use the correct firmware file. If you still
>get the hardware error message you should verify that the scanner
>works under windows.
Scanner works perfectly under windows using the same PC.

Would you have any other hints? What could be a strategy to find the
source of this error.

Guenter

--
NEU: Telefon-Flatrate fürs dt. Festnetz! GMX Phone_Flat: 9,99 Euro/Mon.*
Für DSL-Nutzer. Ohne Providerwechsel! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/telefonie