[sane-devel] Latest Lexmark backend patch available

Fred Odendaal freshshelf at rogers.com
Sun Oct 9 03:46:53 UTC 2005

The latest patch for the Lexmark backend is available from my website.
You can download it from:
http://ca.geocities.com/freshshelf@rogers.com/scanner_driver/download.html

With this patch I no longer get segmentation faults with the xsane frontend.

This patch cleans up the code from the previous patch including the
following:
- Removed LXK_ option prefixes.
- Removed checks for valid handle from frontend - am now "trusting" the
frontend.
- Removed global variables from lexmark.c and lexmark-x1100.c. They are
now part of the device struct.
- Replaced "scan-size" with SANE_NAME_PAPER_SIZE, etc...
- Fixed compile warnings for x86_64 target (I think - I didn't get the
warnings on x86_32 target)
- Added email address to AUTHORS file.
- Moved change from configure to configure.in.
- Removed sanei_config2.lo dependency in Makefile.in - only needed for
SCSI devices.
- Changed "Black & White" option to "Lineart" in mode_list in lexmark.c
file.
- Prefixed all functions called from lexmark.c in lexmark-x1100.c with
"sanei_lexmark_".
- Made all other non API functions static.
- Added version/build number of backend in DBG message in sane_init
function in lexmark.c file.
- Added debug message for error condition in same_start.
- Created man page.
- Fixed license header typo in lexmark.c and lexmark-x1100.c
- Built with --enable-static and ran make libcheck.

TO DO:
- Bug Fixes
1. Fix jerky movement on 600dpi gray 8x10 scan
2. Fix byte ordering of colour scans - really noticeable at low resolutions.
3. Lineart mode not working even though it is selectable.
- Feature Additions
1. Add metric (or European ;-) ) sizes to size list.
2. Add colour calibration.
3. Add dark compensation.

happy Thanksgiving (Canadian),
Fred Odendaal