[sane-devel] Avision sane_read: Error during device I/O

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Tue Oct 11 21:24:10 UTC 2005

Please forgive me if the answer to my problem is
obvious, but I looking for help getting an Avision
AV210 working.

I downloaded sane-backends-1.0.16 and did a
./configure
make
make install

everything seems to have installed fine.

scanimage -L gives me:

device `avision:libusb:001:005' is a Avision AV210
sheetfed scanner

However, when I try:

scanimage -v -d avision:libusb:001:005  --format tiff
> tester.tiff

Scanimage seems to hang for a while and gives me the
following:

scanimage: scanning image of size 2544x3507 pixels at
24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 255/0
scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
 -Dwight D. Eisenhower.