[sane-devel] Question about sane-find-scanner

russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Sat Oct 15 15:59:52 UTC 2005

I'm having trouble installing my Epson CX6600 scanner. I installed iscan
(latest version, I am using SuSE10.0). sane-find-scanner finds a usb scanner
with  the following vendor and product codes: 0x04b8 0x00813. at
libusb :001:003. These are the codes my SuSE 9.1 used also. In 9.1 changes to
dll.conf, usrmap etc had to be made. In looking at these files I find the
iscan user map lists this print as a 0x0805. Also resmgr.conf.d/scanner.conf
list the scanner as 0x0813.

Which is correct?

YAST scanner finds the Epson reports it unconfigured, will not allow
configuring, I assume this is caused by sane not supporting Epkowa. It also
shows an Epkowa with no associated scanner.

i know my scanners good, it worked until yesterday under SuSE 9.1 and it works
under Win XP.

If I need to bring this up to Epson or SuSE Let me know!

Thanks for you help and understanding.