[sane-devel] Re: iscan-1.17.0

russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Sun Oct 16 15:22:29 UTC 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 08:05, Jim MacLeod wrote:
> Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> > There's a good chance that the %post script was not converted so a
> > number of post-install activities may not have been carried out.
>
> Iscan rpm version has been purged
>
> >> Files have installed in expected places - /usr/lib, /usr/lib/iscan etc
> >> and the program runs, but only to advise "Could not send command to
> >> scanner. Check status"
> >
> > Have you added the epkowa backend to /etc/sane.d/dll.conf?
>
> Yes - in fact this and snapscan are the only two enabled
>
> > What architecture are you using?  It'll only work on IA32 (32bit ix86).
>
> Sempron 2600 so presume I'm ok.
>
> > Does sane-find-scanner list the device?
>
> Yes...
> Compiled your sane-backend-25-10-11 (first time I've compiled anything) and
> scanimage works ok. I scanned a page (without setting any parameters), but
> I really want to get the transparency unit working.
> Xsane or Kooka (kde) both fail with"no device found" and nowhere obvious to
> change configuration so I'm stuck with no gui at the moment.
>
> >> However, has anyone got iscan working on a debian system or can offer
> >> any pointers. Relative newbie, so easy on the technical stuff.
>
> Downloaded source.tar for iscan-1.17 but it fails at configure stage
> advising 'imlibgdk and gtk-config not found'. I haven't been able to find
> them either in Kubuntu repositories, particularly imlibgdk.
>
> > Works fine for me ;-)  All iscan development (even my hacking at home)
> > is done on Debian GNU/Linux testing machines.
>
> <Trying not to sound envious> Any pointers to reading material,howto's etc
> gratefully received
>
> > Hope this helps,
>
> Jim
Just saw this message. I'm having simular problems with my CX6600 All-in-one
scanner on SuSE 10.0. It worked on 9.1. I tried the iscan 1.15 supplied with
10.0 and the 1.17.0-c2 from the webpage. Neither works.

sane-find-scanner reports:  found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON],
product=0x0813 [USB2.0 MFP]) at libusb:001:003
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

I tryed changes in dll.conf and sane.d no help. I also noticed the
iscan.usermap shows the product ID as 0x0805. 813 is what worked in 9.1. Have
you any solutions on how ti get this working?