[sane-devel] How to avoid shoe-shining when scanning ?

Andre Majorel aym-enas at teaser.fr
Mon Oct 17 13:01:35 UTC 2005

[Third attempt to post to sane-devel. Will it work or will it not ?]

When scanning at high resolutions or bit depths, my scanner shoe
shines a lot. I tried setting SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE to various values
between 500 kB and 5 MB but it didn't make any difference. Any
ideas ?

Linux 2.6.13, HP ScanJet C7670A on a cheap DC-390 Tekram (AMD
AM53C974).

Thanks in advance.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.