[sane-devel] scanjet 7650

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Oct 17 19:54:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:34:24PM +0200, Roger Koot wrote:
> I wonder whether the scanjet 7650 will be supported by the sane project
> in the near future.
> My department aquired a bunch of these scanners but failed to check with
> me whether these devices were supported under linux.
> As far as I can tell, they're not supported. And I'm not really amused
> with our manager's suggestion to convert the boxes to windblows crippleware.

This scanner is not listed at all in our database (not even as
"unsupported"). So nobody knows. But usually this means it's
unsupported.

Please send the output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v" when the scanner
is plugged in. This way we can at least check if the chipset is
supported by an existing backend. In this case adding support for the
scanner may be relatively easy (theoretically).

If the scanner uses a new (or unsupported) chipset, it's up to you to
write a backend. So the timeframe completely depends on you :-)