[sane-devel] EPKOWA Epseon PF 3590 Photo

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Oct 18 00:08:28 UTC 2005

Levente Novák <lnovak at dragon.klte.hu> writes:

> On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 20:35 +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> Sorry about that.  I confused this with the ADF of the Perfection 4490
>> (which will be supported in the next iscan version).  The 3590 does
>> not have a n ADF so your multifeeder refers to the AFL (auto-film
>> loader).  The AFL is _not_ supported.
>>
>> Again, sorry for the confusion.
>
> Just a question: will iscan support the AFL of the PF 3590 anytime soon
> (or at all)?

Not any time soon and maybe even not at all.

> Levente
>
> PS: I thought the linux and windows drivers are at the same level of
> functionality.

Most definitely not.  The Windows drivers do quite a bit in software
that is not done by the epkowa backend.  The iscan frontend does some
of it but whatever it does has not been updated for the last 2 years
or so.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, LAN
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/