[sane-devel] offtopic 35-mm scanner question

dn at offspringnet.net dn at offspringnet.net
Wed Oct 19 19:38:22 UTC 2005

I know this is off topic but please don't stop reading. I was hoping to get some
advice
on what scanner to purchase which is supported fully in linux that will do 35-mm
negatives.

Looking at the supported list the most decent pricewise which is completely
supported seems to be the epson perfection 2400 which has a builtin adapter for
35mm/slides. This seems to sell
for a little under 200$ and it's 2400dpi.

This is for the wife for christmas so she can do her family's large library of
negatives, but of course I don't want to have to deal with windows for this. Does
anyone else use linux for 35mm with a scanner that is around 200$ tops which is
fully supported? (Also hoping to stick with usb)

Thanks in advance!
Don