[sane-devel] hp3900-series at sourceforge

JKD JKD at JKDSoft.cjb.net
Thu Oct 20 19:06:28 UTC 2005

> Which other scanners in the 3900 series do exist?

I don't really know if other scanners than hp3970c exist. But HP's
software indicates in cd's cover clearly "hp scanjet 3900 series" and as
I can see, driver sends different parameters to rts8822 chipset
depending on ccd type (toshiba or sony) and depending on usb version
(1.1 or 2.0) so I think it covers the most options needed in other
scanners managed by this chipset.

> According to our lists, also the HP 4070 and 4370 use the RTS8822
> chipset.

I'm testing on hp3970c scanner. I'll modify application to set usb
product and usb vendor as app's argument (silly lapse)

Jonathan Bravo (JKD)