[sane-devel] Acer ScanWit 2720S

Erik P. Olsen erik at epo.dk
Thu Oct 20 19:57:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 20:00 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 12:49:09AM +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> > I have an Acer ScanWit 2720S negative filmscanner which works very well
> > under Windows 2000. I like, however, to have it running under Linux
> > (Fedora Core 3).
>
> According to our scanner search engine this scanner is supported by
> the external "scanwit" backend:
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=&model=scanwit&bus=any
> ftp://ftp.mccme.ru/users/ushakov/scanwit

Thanks, however, it is from 2002, has a patch to Makefile.in which today
is quite different and I have no idea how to retrofit this patch to the
newest Makefile.in so I'll refrain from using this backend.

On the other hand the readme indicated another solution called vuescan
which I googled my way to. I know it is quite another solution than
sane, it is commercial with no open source, but maybe someone has
comments as to the use of vuescan?

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen