[sane-devel] Sane doesn't create a scanner device

dark_mail at gmx.net dark_mail at gmx.net
Wed Oct 26 18:40:13 UTC 2005

I installed the CVS version, and IT WORKS!

Almost ... :-(

The backend works fine as long as I install it into its default location.

I put the sources into /var/cvsroot/sane-backends, it's installed into
/usr/local/.

But this way the configure script of the sane-frontend doesn't find the
sane-backend, and I don't know how to tell the frontend where the
backend is. I tried to set a custom prefix, set a config location, a
library location, without success.

And when I let the backend install into /, it doesn't work anymore,
makres the same troubles as the gentoo package.

As I'm rather satisfied with the present location of the sane-backend, I
just want to ask how I can make the frontend find the backend, as it is
somewhat unintuitive and tedious to scan by using scanimage.

Any ideas?