[sane-devel] Epson 3490

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Sep 1 00:32:13 UTC 2005

Jim MacLeod <j75trym at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> I'm new to scanning and relatively new to Linux. Searched the web
> for info and got the impression, which others confirmed, that
> generally anything epson works with Linux, but maybe not the 3490!
> sane-find-scanner gets vendor and product code but scanimage -L
> finds nothing.
>
> Having now read a previous mail about the 4490 I'm guessing that the
> same applies to the 3490, ie no go..are my fears justified?

The same does not apply.  The 4490 and 3490 are very different
scanners.  The 3490 is partially supported by the latest snapscan
backend.  Also, iscan will support the 3490 with the next version
(1.17.0) using a closed source plugin.

> Vuescan which does support the 3490 but I've got to learn more about
> usb first before going down that road - or is there hope.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, LAN
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/