[sane-devel] Configuring a Mustek BearPaw 2400 Scanner

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Sep 2 15:04:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 01:51:16PM +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/gt68xx-backend-only-1.0-74.tar.gz
>
> Opened this up and I can see lots of code such as..
>
> gt68xx.c
> gt68xx.conf
> gt68xx_devices.c
> gt68xx_high.c
>
> But, I'm not sure what to do with this.  I know that the web page says
> run ./configure:make:make install but I've tried that and it doesn't
> work. Used ./configure and others on many other bits of software but
> not able to with the backend software.  Yes, automake and other
> software is installed on my Debian Sarge workstation :)
>
> I'm aware that I shouldn't have to send this kind of request to this
> list but here it is anyway.

Well, it's explained directly above the download link. Quote:

When you download the gt68xx backend for the first time, use SANE
1.0.16 (or later) or the latest SANE CVS snapshot from the CVS
snapshots page. Unpack, run ./configure ; make ; make install.

For updating, you can also download the smaller packages (ca. 80 kb)
linked below. They don't work stand-alone, e.g. there is no Makefile.
So you need to get a snapshot at least once. When you want to update
to a new version, just unpack the gt68xx backend in the sane-backends
directory of a snapshot and run make distclean; ./configure ; make ;
make install.