[sane-devel] scanning an entire A4 page under commandline

Osvaldo La Rosa olr at tiscali.be
Wed Sep 7 16:55:50 UTC 2005

Hi Gerhard and list,

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:11:11AM +0200, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
>From your suggestion:
> scanimage -x 215 -y 297 -format tiff >outputfile.tif
> should give you the expected result.

I did tried:
scanimage -l 0 -t 0 -x 215 -y 297 -mode Gray --force tiff --resolution 175 >output.tiff

and a sighted friend told me it is okay for reading, but not for passing
through an OCR application. Question:

should I have problems with the LiDE20 if I try to push until a
--resolution 300 ?

Also is the bitrate (8) default used by the driver causing problems if
pushed until 24 without danger?

(anything it still scans, even after ten or twenty trials / AND from the
console sicne this is important for me).

Aldo.