[sane-devel] LiDE 25 issues

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Thu Sep 8 15:57:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 04:30:40PM +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Gerhard Jaeger <gerhard at gjaeger.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > well that what I was afraid of. The driver needs
> > some tweaking either at the overall clock-divider settings
> > or the motor-speed stuff. I have no possibility to check
> > as I don't have that device.
>
> Thanks Gerhard, maybe the submitter can do some tests ?

Sure, I could do that.

One of you needs to help me a bit in how to easily and quickly compile
and test a new version.

I have the debian sources in ~/xxx/sane-backends-1.0.16 and when I
typed something like "debbuild" I got a libsane_1.0.16-1_i386.deb
. However, I have the impression that if I go and change a source file
in there, and do the "debbuild" again, it will untar and patch the
source files again, and undo my changes. Moreover, the build takes
quite a while, even though I have a reasonably powerful
workstation. So I would like to do "make" somewhere, so that "make"
will figure out that only backends/plustek-usb.c has been changed, and
that it only needs to rebuild from there. I'm happy then manuall
copying over the ".so" file into my system directory.

Tell me which parameters are most likely to need tweaking....

	Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
Q: It doesn't work. A: Look buddy, doesn't work is an ambiguous statement.