[sane-devel] HP 4570c - any progress?

Daniel Franke franke.daniel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 16:29:36 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to this list. My name is Daniel Franke, 28, mathematician from
Germany. I'm quite experienced in C-programming, so I feel I could try to
contribute ...

I own a HP Scanjet 4570c and would like to use it with SANE. It's not yet a
supported device and information seems to be quite limited. There was an
announcement in june last year [1] -- nothing else can be found in the
archive.

I already checked out SANE's CVS sources and output of
$> sane-find-scanner -v -v
is similar to that listed at [2]

Is currently anyone working on this specific driver? If not, is there any code
to pick up? Any docs from HP someone already acquired? I would also
appriciate some hints/documentation about "GL841/GL646" (which seems to be
related) [3].

The bug report [4] has a "SnoopyPro" [5] log attached, but I don't have access
to any windows box. Any hints how to decipher this (binary) log?

Thanks
	Daniel

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-June/011157.html
[2] http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/hp-scanjet-4570c.html